Sunday, October 14, 2012

Love Letters: A letter to my heart


My heart, sometimes you can be so irrational, stupid and say all the wrong things
then you turn around and speak words of wisdom I never thought possible of you.
You've been hurt countless times and yet, you stay open
your capacity for love is infinite because despite everything, you know that love is worth it.
Always worth it.
My heart, sometimes you make me want to rip you out of me and squash you so I don't have to feel
but those moments last but seconds 
and before I know it, I'm apologizing profusely for even thinking such a terrible thought.
Without you, 
I never would have been able to trust, believe, forgive, make mistakes, get hurt, bounce back.
And even with your scars, bruises and haphazardly placed bandages, 
I think you're beautiful.
I know sometimes life gets in the way
but without you, there would be no life.
My heart, at your best, you could change the world
or at least, you're world. The only one that matters.
In any language I say your name
My heart
Mi corazón
Puso Ko
Mon Coeur
you're like the loveliest lyric to the perfect beat
My heart, I haven't talked to you in awhile.
Sometimes I'm afraid of what you have to say.
Sometimes I'm not ready to listen.
Sometimes I run away
and then blame you when I get it wrong.
I've left you in the wrong hands
many times before
I almost gave up on you
Thank You for saving me 
a million and one times
for being strong enough for us both
for believing in me
and helping me believe in me
My heart
It's you and me, ride or die
Together, Our capacity for love is infinite


-September 24, 2012

No comments: